Ball N’ LOVE
January 30, 2016 | Tampa Magazine |
Red Velvet Cake Balls — This Valentine’s Day, treat your sweetheart to some homemade sweets. Instead of store bought, why not roll up your sleeves and bake a special treat for that special someone? Try this delicious dessert and leave your home wafting with the aroma of fresh baked goods.
- 16 oz package your favorite red velvet cake
- 16 oz tub your favorite cream cheese frosting
- 16 oz package white chocolate morsels or Candiquick®
- Mix required ingredients for the red velvet cake and bake according to the package instructions. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with cream cheese frosting. This is best done by using your fingers.
- Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Set cake balls to cool in refrigerator for two hours.
- Just before taking the cake balls out of the refrigerator, melt white chocolate or Candiquick® in a sauce pan until liquid.
- Use a thick skewer to dip cake balls into coating and coat thoroughly.
- Place cake balls back onto the wax paper and decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow cake balls to cool in the refrigerator for another hour before serving.
YIELDS: 30 CAKE BALLS
Don’t have the time? Here are three local retailers where you can purchase cake balls:
The Sweet Tooth Cakery
Cake Pops by Lu